What is Retino AC Gel?
Retino AC gel is for treating acne. It is a disorder when the hair follicle is bunged with dead skin and oil. This gel contains two active ingredients Clindamycin and Tretinoin. Tretinoin regulates your skin growth and leads to cell shedding resulting in clogging of hair follicles. Hence, the sebum does not build up and acne is not formed. Clindamycin blocks protein formation needed for the growth of bacteria and averts bacteria multiplication and growth.
You must tell the doctor if these worsen. It must be applied externally to the affected areas as per the doctor’s prescription. You must take it as per the duration and amount advised by the doctor.
It must be avoided if you experience an allergy to Retino AC gel. It must not be used in kids below 12 years. Also, avoid taking in case of a breastfeeding mother and pregnant one.
How does it work?
It has two active ingredients such as clindamycin and Tretinoin. Clindamycin comes under the category of anti-bacterial. It blocks the protein formation that is required for the growth of the bacteria. So, it is quite helpful in treating infection. Tretinoin stabilizes skin growth and lead to skin shedding clogging hair follicles.
- The duration of effectiveness is not reported clinically.
- Also, the interaction with alcohol is not known as there is no clinical data or studies for the same.
- Moreover, it is not habit-forming.
- The gel may lead to serious side effects in the fetus. So, you must avoid it during pregnancy.
- There is not enough animal or human study that proves the passing of Retino AC gel in breast milk.
When not to use Retino Ac gel?
- Allergy- If you experience allergic reactions to the active ingredients, then you must not use them. The signs are swelling skin rash and itching.
- Skin cancer- You must convey the doctor if you and your family have a history of skin cancer
- GIT disorders- It is not recommended to use in case of intestinal or stomach ailments like swelling of the intestine, abdominal cramps, diarrhea.
- Rosacea- It is a skin disorder that leads to pus-filled bumps, redness on the face. You must avoid applying it if you have this skin disorder.
- Eczema- It is a skin problem that causes redness, itching, and dry skin. You must not use it in case you have Eczema.
- Inflammatory skin conditions- It is not advisable to use in case of inflammatory issues such as swelling, folliculitis, perioral dermatitis, and acne.
Uses of Retino AC Gel
It is quite a common skin problem that happens when the hair follicles get blocked with dead skin cells and oil. This clogging of hair follicles can result in pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Side Effect of Retino AC gel
Minor and major side effects are discussed below:
- Skin photosensitivity
- Redness and swelling at the site of the application
- Scaling and redness
- Burning sensation
Warnings for Breastfeeding and pregnant women
- Breastfeeding- There is no adequate evidence that tells that Retino AC gel gets transferred in the breast milk.
- You must not use it at the time of pregnancy.
- Use in children- It is not advised to use in kids below 12 years. It is as such as there are no clinical studies proving the efficacy and safety in kids.
- Photosensitivity- This gel can result in photosensitivity if you get exposed to sunlight. You must not get exposed to sunlight and use sunscreen lotion with high SPF and wear clothes get can cover your skin.
- Use with caution- The use of adequate amount more than the prescribed dose or with too much frequency is not recommended. The gel may lead to discomfort, redness, and stringent sensation. Serious side effects can also happen such as irritation and allergy.
- Other medicines- Retino AC interact with topical use preparations. The continuous use of it with other medicines on the affected area of the skin must not be done. You must convey the doctor if you are applying anything on the skin so that he can prescribe you accordingly.
- External use- It is meant for external use. You must not bring this gel in contact with the eyes. If the gel goes into your eyes then you must wash it with water. You must go to the doctor on an urgent basis if ingested accidentally.
- Pregnant women- It can lead to serious side effects in the womb. So, you must not apply it if you are carrying the child in your womb.
Overdose- The adequate application of Retino Ac gel can result in peeling, discomfort, and redness in the affected area. So, you are recommended not to use more than the dose prescribed by the doctor. If you experience any serious side effects then let your doctor know about it.
Missed dose- You must apply Retino AC gel when you learn that you have forgotten to apply it. Don’t take the double dose.
- Retino Ac gel must be used externally. You can use it as per the doctor’s prescription.
- You must close the tube and keep it hygiene and contamination-free. Don’t touch the tip of the tube.
- Always remember to use Retino AC gel at the same time of the day.
- You are advised not to cover the application area with a cloth or bandage.
- Also, don’t ask another person to use it as the condition can become worse and you are not aware of the situation of the other person.
Retino AC gel is used for treating acne. You must take it under the supervision of the doctor. Don’t miss or take the dose in excess. Also, protect your skin from direct sunlight and let your doctor know about the skin diseases. Apply it if you are not allergic to the active ingredients present in it.
Check More: Retino A Cream