What are Combigan Eye Drops?
It is used for treating pressure inside the eyes known as ocular hypertension and glaucoma. It functions by reducing the pressure of eye fluid that results to reduce pressure inside the eyes. It must be used for the affected eye according to the duration and dose as per the doctor’s prescription. You must wash your hands before applying them to the eye. Also, check the label for usage. You must not skip any of the doses and complete the course of treatment till you feel better.
Certain side effects are irritation, burning, itching, and redness in the eye. If the eye drops come into contact with the mouth or nose, then clean it with water. Also, avoid driving and operating machinery after using these eye drops. It will cause blurring of vision while driving and can lead to an accident.
It is used for treating ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
Ocular hypertension- It is the condition where eye pressure in the eyes becomes higher as compared to normal eye because of the build-up of the fluid. It enhances the fluid flow inside your eye in the blood and reduces the enhanced blood pressure. It also averts further complications or damage in the eyes such as vision loss. You must use it in the affected eye and must use it daily as per the doctor’s direction.
Glaucoma– It is an eye disorder that destructs optic nerve important for the right vision. This destruction is caused by abnormally high pressure inside the eye. This ophthalmic solution reduces pressure and swelling of the eye. It also safe you from further complications like blindness and vision loss. The frequent checkups detect the problem in the early stages.
How to use it?
You can use it externally. You should check the label before using it. You must place the dropper close to the eye without touching the dropper. Put the medicine in the lower eyelid and also wipe extra eye drops.
How does this ophthalmic solution work?
Combigan eye drop has two active ingredients- Brimonidine and Timolol. Timolol comes under the category of beta-blocker and Brimonidine belongs to the category of sympathomimetic. It functions by synthesis reduction of eye pressure.
Precautions of Combigan Eye Drops
- Alcohol- No interaction data was found
- Pregnancy- Convey doctor if you are pregnant or planning. Also, no clinical studies were reported in case of pregnant women.
- Breastfeeding- The clinical study is not reported regarding any side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Driving- The ophthalmic solution may lead to blurred vision temporary kidney- No interactions
- Liver- The clinical studies have not reported any side effects or interactions.
Combigan Eye Drops: Overdose
If you have taken excess Combigan ophthalmic solution, then go to a doctor urgently. You will experience certain side effects such as burning, irritation, eye redness, vision disturbances, and more. You must convey the doctor about it. The doctor will ask you to wash your eye or take certain supportive actions. Hence, you are strictly advised to take eye drops as per the doctor’s instructions.
If you think that you must stop taking this ophthalmic solution then you must take the doctor’s advice. If you observe any issues while using it then talk to a doctor. You are advised not to drive a two-wheeler, three-wheeler, and four-wheeler and also operate any machine.
Directions for use
- It is meant only for ophthalmic use.
- You must wash your hands after and before using it.
- Shake it well before use.
- You must pour the eye drop into the lower lid.
- You are not advised to touch the drop.
- The doctor will prescribe the duration and dose of eye drops as per your condition.
- Storage- You must store it away from sunlight. Keep it at room temperature in a moisture-free place.
- Keep the container close and dispose of the unused medicine after expiry.
- Keep it away from pets and kids
- If you have a history of severe obstructive bronchitis, bronchial asthma, reduced heart rate, heart failure, and heartbeat issues.
- Also, if you are consuming anti-depressants.
- Also, inform your doctor if you are suffering from kidney, blood, and liver issues.
- These eye drops must not be used by individuals who have an allergic reaction to the active ingredients. Also, patients with cardiovascular disease, airway disorder, and lung disease must not take it without the doctor’s prescription.
- It must be avoided to be used by kids less than 2 years of age.
- Drug-drug interactions- Avoid taking these eye drops if you are taking anti-depressants, anti-arrhythmic medicines, and anti-psychotics.
- You must tell your doctor if you are taking anti-hypertensive, antacids, anti-diabetics, and anti-glaucoma drugs.
Drug-food interactions- There are no such interactions.
Drug-disease interaction- If you are suffering from serious obstructive bronchitis, asthma, heart rate, heart failure, and heartbeat disorder then convey to the doctor.
Lifestyle and diet advice
- You should consume fresh fruits and green vegetables
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and smoking
- Avoid intake of baked items like cookies, cakes, fried items, doughnuts, French fries as these foods may damage and worsen the optic nerve.
- You must reduce the intake of caffeine. You can replace the coffee and tea with green tea.
- You must perform exercise on daily basis but inverted or downward poses are restricted in the patients associated with glaucoma.
You must consult a doctor if you want to take these eye drops. Also, take this eye drop as per the doctor’s instructions. This eye drop is used for treating glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Avoid taking it in excess amount as you can feel serious side effects. So, take it with caution.
Check More Here: Careprost.co